I don’t do a good job of keeping this thing updated. It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just there’s a lot of doing to do out there, and it leaves limited time for the writing, editing, etcetera-ing that goes into the back end of this. The point of words is not to vomit them forth in a constant stream of regular updates. This isn’t a business. I’ve got no real desire or motivation to build my “brand”. I get paid bank to build someone else’s and that’s better in every way.
It comes down to, do I want to get done with work for the day and do more work? Or would I rather hike and take pretty pictures? I think you can guess the winner. If you can’t, you’re probably reading the wrong blog.
Anyway, let’s get caught up.
Where have I been?
- Monument Valley Southern Colorado, including Montrose, Ouray, and Grand Mesa
- Salt Lake City to help my little sister move there for her PhD (wooo!).
- Idaho’s Snake River region, sort of around Mesa Falls, generally.
- The Grand Tetons.
- A lot of random campgrounds in Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
- Even more random clear spots in the woods of Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Bozeman, today.
This hasn’t been an amazing trip for wildlife so far, aside from some really good luck with birds. Somehow I’ve only seen one moose. No grizzlies, no wolves. Yet. Also not one bull elk of notable size. Still, this has been an amazing experience.
I sleep where I want, work where I want, leave when I want, and go where I want. If that’s not freedom, I don’t know what it is, and, if this is being lost, I hope I’m never found.